Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Its not just about pregnancy

In my last post I seemed to have left out alot of information about myself...

I have had Diabetes for 31 years, diagnosed at age 3. I come from the times of urinating in a cup and dropping in a tablet for adjusting insulin doses. I have been on every kind of insulin made from Pork to Humulin to Novolog. I tried syringes, insulin pens, pumps, the watch that takes blood sugars, and the meters that literally takes 7 mintues to get a result!

When I was diagnosed people did'nt want their children playing with me for fear that their child would catch the diease. My family was pretty much on their own, relying mainly on the relatives that were'nt scared of me. It was a in some ways a burden, but in other ways this disease has taught me that I can accomplish anything, tI will not be afraid to try new things, and that everyone has secrets it's just a matter of time before they are out in the open. Most of all this disease has taught me to that life is short. We just never know where life will take us

No comments:

Post a Comment