Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This is a better week!

The past few days have been great. I hit my 12 week mark and we told everyone we know that I am pregnant. Sugars are a little unpredictable...waking up at 50 and staying between 100-170's all day. One of the hardest things being pregnant is waiting on others to do things for you. I have always done things for myself, fixing a flat tire, taking out my own trash, painting rooms in the house. All of which my husband is totally capable of doing, but being the impatient person I am, I don't like to wait for others and I find it hard to relax. Like I've said the simple things I used to do now take a great toll on me. I have always enjoyed a packed weekend with family visits and getting together with friends, but now I find it hard to leave the house for me more than 4 hours at a time. Just pulling weeds for one hour from my small flower garden dropped my sugar 70 points!! I do notice a rise in blood sugars the further along I get. I am allowed 3 meals with carbs between 50-60 per meal, 3 snacks of 15 carbs each and I still hungry! This baby likes to eat! The nausea is getting better too, it's bad in the morning and at night, I get about 5 hrs in the day that I feel good. Pregnancy is tough, pregnancy and Diabetes is a rollercoaster ride. This is one rollercoaster I am glad I got on !

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing awesome! Congrats on being pregnant. I just had twin babies and have been type 1 for 15 years. Its not easy but you seem to know what to do :) Visit my site for my journey through my pregnancy at http://thegirlsguidetodiabetes.com search
    "pregnancy" for the blogs pertaining to that. Good luck! I'll keep reading your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Congrats on twins!!! Thats amazing! I will check out your blog as well! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete