Thursday, January 28, 2010

Since the last time I blogged things have not changed that much. I have had to up my insulin intake by .5 with every basal and increase my carb/insulin ratio. I have had many doctors appts and a few ultrasounds all of which looked great! The baby weighs 1lb 4oz!!! Which leaves me to wonder...if the baby is so small why am I so big??? LOL I promised myself when I started this blog I would be honest...here goes. I have gained a total of 28 lbs (UGH) give or take a few depending on the amount of salt and water I've had the day before. In a matter of a few days I found out the clinic I worked hard to keep open was closing and I was pregnant (the big guy works in funny ways). Now like many of us diabetics out there, I am a emotional eater. If I wake up sad or feeling bad for myself, I eat. If things dont go my way one day, I eat. If I'm bored, I eat and so on. Going from working out everyday, working 50hrs a week and fighting for my passion, to being laid off and not being able to find a job because of my growing waist line has had it's toll on me. Lets face it nobody wants to hire a pregnant lady who's going to be leaving to have a baby in a few months. Soooo I eat and wait, I wait for Stella to get here and bless us with her arrival. I wait to be able to do the simple things like stay awake past 8pm or workout without have a 30 blood sugar. I wait for another job opportunity like the one I had before that lit my fire every day. So until she gets here I just wait... and grow! LOL
Until next time! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I'm Type 1 as well, 15 weeks prego. My OB says my sugars will start to rise soon, so I might have to change my pump basal rates and/or bolus ratios. Did you notice this? If so, what week did you have to start adjusting your doses?

    Thanks!
    Prego Canadian Pumper

    ReplyDelete